London Salesforce Women in Tech User Group


I am extremely proud to be one of the leaders of the London Salesforce Women in Tech User Group.

Jodi Wagner held the first 'soft launch' group meet up in August 2015 and I was one of only 4 attendees. I nearly didn't show as I was daunted by it being held as part of the London Developers UG. Jodi persuaded me that they weren't that scary and so along I went. We started off as Girly Geeks London as it was just before the re-branding and at this first meeting we met and discussed the direction we would like the group to take. Lots of ideas were captured.

The next meet up was in October and by then I had got to know Jodi a bit more as we had met up at Dreamforce. This time the meeting was a collaboration with the London Admin User Group and a 'getting to know the community' speed dating night. Great fun.

Other commitments (mainly London's Calling) meant that a few months went past without a meeting but during this time I spoke to Jodi a number of times about the group which lead to myself and Freya Crawshaw officially joining Jodi as co-leaders in March.



It turned out that Jodi had an EPIC event planned for the next user group and so Freya and I rolled up our sleeves and pitched in.

On May 5th we hosted An Evening with Ladies who Salesforce at Salesforce Tower London. I was one of the panellists and to say I was in good company is a huge understatement. The rest of the panel consisted of Eileen O'Mara, Doina Fagurel, Gemma Davies, Jenny Bamber, Alejandra Sivori, and Adam Seligman PLUS we had a keynote from Anne-Marie Imafidon, Head Stemette.


The evening was a huge success and very well attended.


You don't need to take my word for it though, here are a few blog posts written by the attendees.

Bob Buzzard (Kier Bowden) - Salesforce - It's not just for Ladies

Jenny Bamber - Women Who Salesforce

Katrina Holmes - My Experiences of an Evening with Ladies who Salesforce

Freya Crawshaw - Storify of An Evening with Ladies who Salesforce

We now have more than 100 members of our success community group and have great monthly events lined up.

It has been amazing to see how well the group has been received in the community and it continues to make me both proud and privileged to be able to give back by co-leading the London WiT UG.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customising the Help Menu!

Trailhead: The Salesforce CPD Scheme

Preparing for Community Events