Another Special World Tour

The Salesforce road show has been to town and after a few days' recovery time, I can reflect on what was another awesome day (and tiring, did I mention tiring?)
It was my first official event since becoming an MVP and so I wanted to be sure to catch the keynote from the reserved seating section. This meant that I headed straight to the main room (through full security) upon registration. It was worth it, not just for the view, and being able to sit my my fellow MVPs, but because the seating, being front and centre, was also next to the some VIPs.
There was part of me that felt a wee bit sorry for Tony Prophet, who was prevented from taking his seat when he inadvertently walked past a gang of MVPs who couldn't resist the photo op  - Guilty as Charged! 

Probably controversially I have to admit to not being a massive fan of a keynote.....
I have missed both at the last two Dreamforces and may have skipped last year's WT one if I hadn't been due on stage to receive the #AwesomeAdmin award. Yet again this year it was the chance to see myself on screen which enticed me in. Sure enough I was chuffed to see my name on the thank you to our local MVPs slide.


However, I was not prepared for my 2nd appearance and was left flabbergasted when my face appeared on screen as an example of a Trailblazer. I was even more shocked (and proud) when Simon Mulcahy, CMO, asked me to stand up and then talked a little about my role and career.


After all that excitement I had to leave the keynote a little early as I was due on duty in the Trailhead Zone for a 3 hour stint at 11.30am. My job was to introduce the uninitiated London Salesforce community to the joys of Trailhead. I covered the same shift last year and so was ready for a busy 180 minutes. Alas, due to the recent international cyber attacks and more specifically, attempts to prevent such attacks, Trailhead was not appreciating the high volume of hits from the same IP address and so we had to restrict the number of users at any one time.

This freed up a bit of my time and so I was able to both grab lunch and attend the Admin silent disco breakout. LeeAnne Templeton, Mike Gerholdt, and Juliette Warren did a great job, the whole space, and the surrounding area was packed solid.
Also, I found myself on the big screen again.......


Before I knew it I was due on at the Admin Theatre. This year my talk focused on managing the change to Lightning and was entitled 'Bring Your Users With You on the Trail to Lightning'.
I had another great crowd, a really receptive audience, and I hope they all took something away from the session.


Luckily I was able to catch a few other Admin Theatre presentations from my fellow community members all such great content yet again. I can't help but wonder where else you would find so many people volunteering and giving up their time to share their knowledge and help the newer members of the ecosystem?

World Tour always feels very different to the epic Dreamforce or community events like London's Calling. The crowd is newer and it is principally an opportunity for Salesforce to sell itself to the region. But, it does that well and it is another occasion where we can give back to the community and meet up with local and travelling members of our Ohana.

Plus there is always time for some fun.
Jodi Wagner and I loving London

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customising the Help Menu!

Trailhead: The Salesforce CPD Scheme

Preparing for Community Events