5 Quick Dreamforce Tips

I've posted my Dreamforce advice in the past - How to Have an Awesome Dreamforce - but now I have collated some new quick tips. Here are a few things I try and remember -


Prep for Trailhead
In order to get the special Dreamforce Trailhead badge you usually need to complete a module while on the official WiFi. In order to save yourself time, before you leave home prepare a module by completing all except for the final unit, and then once you are at DF and connected, complete the final unit and 'Ta Da', you will get your special badge.

The App is Key
The Salesforce Events App is essential for DF. If you have watched any of the Road to Dreamforce sessions you will know that nearly every logistical question was answered with "see the app". Where to get lunch, what time and where you can collect your badge, and where to find the gender neutral bathrooms are all there. Most useful, IMO, though, is the at a glance agenda and the reminders it provides. DF is frantic, and so a quick and easy way to know where I want to be next is a must have. The new interactive maps are pretty cool too.

Time your SWAG runs strategically
You will have heard that there is some swag to be had at Dreamforce, and some of it can be bulky. Therefore, it is wise to plan when you head to the pick up points. Now that the Quests are in the App (they have previously involved us taking our badges to a check point), you can monitor what you have already 'won'. Once I know I have something to collect, I check the Quests and see if there is anything else I can qualify for before I have to head out. The queues at the collection points can be LONG, so you may want to be strategic there too. If I know I am about to go back to my hotel room, I will always check if there is anything I can collect first. Finally, don't leave it too late, items very often 'sell out' before the end of the 4 days.

Lunch
Grab it when you see it. Lunch is available from 11.30am each day and yes, that is very early, but my advice is to pick it up when you see it. If you wait until you are hungry you may have to trek across campus trying to find a spot where they have some left. They are feeding a lot of people at the same time and so it makes sense that you won't necessarily find the lunch you want, at the time you want, at the location you want. Be flexible. This year we can also pick up lunch at the Metreon, which may make a difference to the lunch hunt, we will see.

Parties
Yes, there are parties, but there are also early starts (we will be in California after all). Think of your feet, and your voice (particularly if you are speaking), and try to strike a balance. I know I will likely get over excited on one night, so I make sure it isn't the night before I am presenting. Make sure you have all the best recovery cures in your hotel room to get yourself back in the game as quickly as possible.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customising the Help Menu!

Trailhead: The Salesforce CPD Scheme

Preparing for Community Events